KATHY'S CROCHET CABIN

KATHY'S CROCHET CABIN

Saturday, April 7, 2007

BURIAL POUCH PATTERN







DESIGNED BY: KATHY
2006
THIS PATTERN HAS NOT BEEN TESTED.

MATERIALS NEEDED:
[MAKES 2 POUCHES]
3 CHEAP WASH CLOTHS [THE KIND THAT ARE SURGED AROUND]
BABY YARN OF YOUR CHOICE
F HOOK
RIBBON
Cut a cheap washcloth into two triangles. I surged around the cut edge so it wouldn't unravel. You can hand sew it if you like. Place on top of the other washcloth. Pin in place all the way around. Attach yarn anywhere.
Sc evenly around,[WORKING 2 SC IN ONE SP IN CENTER OF CORNERS] join with sl st. * Ch 3 sk next 2 sc and sc in next st* around. Sl st together.
*Sc 3 dc sc in each ch 3 sp* around. Finish off.
Attach yarn on the right side of the triangle.
Work sc all the way across. Sl st to nearest sc on the edge you worked around the full piece. This will tie the edge of the triangle and main piece together. Ch 3 turn.
Sk next two sc and sc in next sc . *Ch 3 sk next 2 sc and sc in next sc* around.
IN ch 3 sp work sc 3 dc sc. Sc in next ch 3 sp.
*Sc 3 dc sc in next ch 3 sp. Sc in next ch 3 sp* around. Sl st to edge and finish off. This should tighten the triangle edge up a good bit.
Start on the edge of the triangle and weave the ribbon in each ch 3 sp across the triangle. Pull the edges together and tie.
HINT: WHEN YOU WORK SC HOLD THE RIGHT EDGE OF YOUR WORK AND SMOOTH OUT WITH YOUR OTHER HAND SEVERAL TIMES. THIS WILL MAKE IT LAY DOWN FLAT.

I hope you can understand this. If not let me know. I'll try to explain it better. You can also use a 12 inch square of flannel. I've not done it yet but I plan on it.

THIS PATTERN IS FREE TO ANYONE. IF YOU USE IT PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I'D LIKE TO KNOW WHO YOU GAVE THE BURIAL POUCHES TO. MAY GOD BLESS YOU.
KATHY

7 comments:

  1. Kathy thanks so much for making this pattern I would have never thought of using a washcloth for this.It makes such a nice burial pouch. I don't sew but guess I could think of a way to keep the part of the washcloth that is cut from unraveling. This is such a great idea and bless you for designing it.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU BRENDA FOR THE KIND WORDS. THE PATTERN HASN'T BEEN TESTED BY ANYONE BUT ME. I DON'T KNOW IF ANYONE ELSE CAN UNDERSTAND IT OR NOT.I'LL TRY ROLLING THE EDGE DOWN A LITTLE WHEN I MAKE ANOTHER ONE. THAT MIGHT WORK IF YOU DON'T GET TO CLOSE TO THE EDGE WHEN YOU CROCHET.

    THANKS AGAIN KATHY

    ReplyDelete
  3. kathy

    where did you get the pattern for the burial gown?I would like to make some for our local hospital.I pray that all goes well with your husband and your husbands friend. Hugs Judy from washington state

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEY JUDY
    I POSTED A DIRECT LINK TO THE PATTERN ON MY BLOG. IT'S UNDER MY FAVORITE PATTERNS. IT'S EASY TO MAKE. IF YOU CLICK ON THE BONNET PATTERN ON THAT PAGE IT'S EASY ALSO. BLESS YOU FOR WANTING TO MAKE THE GOWNS. I LOVE THIS SITE. BEV HAS A GOOD COLLECTION OF PATTERNS.
    THANKS FOR ASKING ABOUT TIM. HE'S DOING BETTER TODAY.

    THANKS AGAIN
    KATHY

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely and what a neat idea to use washcloths! I'm gonna have to try this out sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hI this looks so lovely i would love to give it a go. sadly i am not up with the abbreivations of knitting or sewing or crafting and wonder if you had the time if you would kindly or anyone who understands the pattern please email me the details in a simpler term i dont understand the sc, ch or sp?
    my contact is tracysfifes@outlook.com
    I would be very grateful for help with this. thanking you in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SC =SINGLE CROCHET
      CH= CHAIN
      SP= SPACE
      SL SP = SLIP STITCH
      DC= DOUBLE CROCHET
      SK = SKIP
      I HOPE THIS HELPS

      Delete

THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT. IF YOU WANT AN ANSWER TO A QUESTION, PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT ktgriggs2 at yahoo dot com. I TRY TO RESPOND TO YOUR COMMENTS BUT SOMETIMES I DON'T KNOW HOW TO GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU. THEN THERE ARE TIMES I CHECK THE COMMENTS AND DON'T HAVE TIME TO ANSWER THEN I FORGET TO COME BACK. SORRY, BUT MY MIND IS JUST NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE! :)
THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR COMMENT.
GOD BLESS AND TAKE CARE.
KATHY